Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Getting Closer To Finishing Another Ornament

This morning I really didn't do much. I did listen to my book on tape. Finished that in the afternoon while beading. Patrick worked outside and I worked on laundry. I was able to get some of it done but I have a pile of stuff that needs washed. Patrick is good at cleaning and before I know it, I have a laundry bag dripping on the floor! So, I've been cleaning rugs, show curtains, and regular laundry. 

I went to visit with Cherry. She's looking pretty good considering. I took her gift and card over. I came back with a gift. I spent about an hour and half with her. Came back and worked on my beading some more. 


I finished the second sweater snowman. I'm working on the next one. This will be the last 2 snowman and this set is the one with the broom. It's coming along great. I did fix my "word chart" on the last one. At least this one is done right, the other one had a couple things done that shouldn't have been. Guess I read the numbers wrong in a couple places. This one is snowman #3. I hope to have them done by this weekend. 

We had to leave for bowling early. We were having our party and gift exchange. We had a good turn out! But we stopped at KFC first to get some chicken. It was too funny!! We took the chicken in and there was a huge box of chicken that everyone else brought. They poured all the chicken in a box - that were from Safeway. We had the KFC and that went really fast. I had the Safeway chicken and wish I had done the KFC one instead. Food was good. Not much in way of desserts though. I bowled "OK" but not really good. I didn't get a 500 series, so really not happy with that. But then when you miss easy pins, it's not anyone's fault but my own. I bowled a 146, 170, 157 - so at least my average will stay the same - 166. I was they had me on the board with a 167 average - and I realized they were behind on that, because on Sunday's my average is 170. So, the exchange was one that if we strike we can go get our gifts. I was shocked! I got a strike on the first ball. Last year I was second from last at getting my gift. I received a really nice blanket (feels awesome and it's big). Patrick got a bottle of Crown Royal with some candy. Dennis put $20 in an envelope for both a guy and gal. Fred got some really nice glasses with peanuts, and he didn't like it. I would have liked something like that. Dennis went and pulled out her envelope and took her gift back. I wonder why she even participates. It's so funny to watch her. She's so picky and yet not so picky. Go figure. 

I have things ready for tomorrow. Going to moms to make a Christmas Star Bread for Friday. Patrick has bowling, so I'm hoping - there I go again - to be able to do more beading tomorrow night. We'll see. At least today I can say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...