Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Picking Up After Yesterday

This morning I was enjoying my games when Sharon called. She asked me about the group from Tacoma. Apparently a group in Tacoma has asked Bill to quilt for them. I told her as far as I know there isn't a group in Tacoma. The website didn't have a group in Tacoma listed either. I just hope someone isn't taking advantage of Bill.

Patrick and I went downstairs and went through the stuff we decided to keep. I put a few of my Santa Claus' in one box. I pulled out all the stuff I wanted for this year. We put all the stuff back under the stairs. We can now walk into the room down there. It's amazing how much we got rid of. I helped Patrick load the truck up with the other stuff going to Good Will. We then went and did our rounds. We hit the library first (returned an audio book), quilt shop for quilting thread, then gas, got pizza at Papa Murphy's, then to the museum to collect the quilt top that is done, and then to Safeway. Once all that was done, we came back home.

I worked on getting the backing and batting for the quilt. Then I came up and put another row in on the Wild Birds. I also got the finished ornament put on the hook I bought.


I really like the way it turned out.


I'm hoping to get at least one more done. I need to buy some blue and green balls for my ornaments. I will probably do that on Friday. I have a doctors appointment in Olympia at 10 am. I need to stop at moms and then pick Sharon up to get to my appointment. So, I'm having to leave early to get there on time. I'll go see mom around 8 am, and make sure I leave by 8:30 to pick Sharon up around 9:15 to get to my appointment on time.

I'm ready to work on the white on white quilt at night when I want to watch TV. I'll do my beading during the day. I was able to get the beads from a necklace that no one would wear. I was trying to take apart another one, but it's be woven together and is a lot harder to get the beads.

It was bowling night! I did pretty good till the last game. I bowled a 183, 177, 143. I was trying to work on my form on the last game and lost it. I should have just bowled. Oh, well. We did win 3 games. Patrick bowled better on his last game which had him beating me by 30 pins. I was ahead till I mucked up on the last game. Fred and Dennis were there, so it went really well. My thumb and second finger were hurting when we started bowling. She asked me if I thought about arthritis, and I told her it wouldn't surprise me. I said something to Patrick and he agreed. That's possible and if it is, I may have to decide if I want to keep bowling or my handwork. I'm thinking handwork. But I'll check with my doctor and see what she things. Right now it's just those 2 "fingers" that are the issue. Dad had it really bad in his fingers. He had a hard time picking things up. I hope that doesn't happen to me.

It was a good day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...