Monday, January 6, 2020

A Day With Friends And More

This morning was our day for Brazilian embroidery. I was up and getting my stuff ready. Phyllis called to remind me to bring her work box that she forgot at our Christmas party. We had enough money in our "kitty" that we bought some floss for our groups box.

I worked on another rose.


I still need to go around the flower a little more. It's looking better than I thought it would when I started it. It's the cast on rose.

Came home and wanted to get some work done on beading. But before I could sit and bead, we cleaned up the Christmas decorations. It took a little while to get them put away. Then it was time to clean up the other decorations that we have around the house. I took the wrapping off the pictures we have around the living room. Now we are back to normal.


A few more rows done. Now you can see the eye better. I'm working on the stomach of the bird. It's coming along nicely. I'm now ready to start row 222 tomorrow. So, it's 221/446 I'm that much more closer to half way. 

After supper and after a few shows that Patrick was watching, it was time to watch a movie. We watched an old 1930's movie. I love the old movies. It was the "Maltese Falcon" and I think I saw it years ago. Still a good movie.


While I was watching the movie, I was stitching. I was able to get more done. I decided to do more outlining as I go. The interesting part about this is that the framing is also outlined. I my wait on that, it will be a wait and see thing. I do like how it comes to life with the outlining.

It was another one of those days were I was able to do 3 different things in one day. Every little bit helps on all of them. A couple hours a piece and they all get a little closer to being done. (At least I can keep telling myself that!) Sharon called to say she's still waiting on the beads. It's looking like I will be going to her place Thursday or Friday. I want to take the quilt with me, so I'm going to have to go downstairs and get moving on it. Tomorrow will be a good day to do that.

It's a good time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...