Sunday, January 26, 2020

Another Day Of Sewing!

Yep, that's what I said, Another Day of Sewing! I wanted to get the star quilt done and ready to take to Bill in Tumwater.

I actually enjoyed working on the quilt top. Probably because it was easy to do. It's 5 blocks by 7 blocks. Which puts it at 64" x 88." That makes it a little big, but I'm going for it anyway.


It turned out pretty. I was a little worried at all that color, but it was nice to have all those scraps put into a quilt. Mom has been making stars - and this is 70 of them! She's still giving me more stars as I go. I was happy at how quick and easy it went together. I did make one mistake in the design Patrick had because one of the blocks had a blue that was light and dark. I left it anyway.


While I was busy putting the quilt together, Patrick was working with the blocks that Georgie had done. Now I have another quilt to put together. This one I will work on tomorrow. I may try to get it put together in the morning. If I can get this one done that would be awesome! I'm just hoping some of the others are getting some tops done as well!


When I told Sophie I was done, I got this look from her. I wanted her to come upstairs with me. She didn't. I was up about 5 mins and then she came up. I keep that door shut, so had to run downstairs and get it shut before she headed back down.


Patrick had to go outside to chat with one of our neighbors. He asked her if she wanted the bunk beds we have in the garage. Sophie was looking for him. She wouldn't move from the door because he was gone.

I came up and beaded for another couple rows. I believe I'm at 260/446. I am hoping to work on it tomorrow as well. I was going to Sandy's tomorrow but she had something come up. Guess I'm staying home tomorrow, so it will be sewing, beading, and cross stitch - IF I'm lucky.

I fixed a new way of doing chicken tonight for supper. Turned out really good. I was surprised. Then it was time to head to the bowling alley.

We arrived early. They had one person blind, which helped us get home early. We won 3 games but it wasn't because of me! Even Joanne beat me! I bowled a 148, 178, 160. At least I didn't loose another pin in my average.

At least today was a day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...