Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Retirement - Messing With My Days!

This morning I was up (after Patrick) and got the cinnamon buns in the oven. I even got the "syrup" going. I really didn't care for the recipe I had. I wanted to try something different but wasn't crazy about it.

After that we headed over to drop Patrick's truck off at the shop. Came back home and headed up to Tumwater to drop off the 2 quilts I finished for Bill to quilt. He's not looking good. He didn't have a lot to work on, so felt good about dropping it off. He did tell me he isn't going to do any more sharpening of scissor. GREAT! Mom blew my chances of getting my scissors sharpened. Oh, well.

Came back home after we stopped at the bowling alley. It wasn't opened so we will go early tomorrow before bowling to see if Patrick can bowl with his new ball. I decided to sit and bead this afternoon.


I was able to get 9 rows done today. That made me feel good. It's now at 272/446. I don't know if I'll do more tomorrow. Depends on what tomorrow brings.

Called mom and she's not feeling good. She got a cold. She went to the doctors on Monday and got some meds but doesn't seem to be helping her. I told her I would pick up some orange juice for her and bring it to her tomorrow. I'll also pick her up a hamburger with fries so she can have a good meal. Knowing her she hasn't fixed herself much.

I then gave up the beading and sat to do some cross stitching. That way I could enjoy the evening with Patrick. Sitting and stitching is enjoyable to me.


I got some outlining done.


It turned out pretty good. I'm getting there. I did start on the tail and was starting on the flower in the right. I am getting farther along and it's nice to see it coming along pretty good. The cat's tail is looking good in the photo too. lol


I told Sophie it was time for me to get up and do my blog......this is the look I got for that! Guess she wasn't thrilled I was calling it a day.

As I'm working on the beading and cross stitching my brain is telling me it's Sunday. Beats me why!! I keep thinking each day is a different day then it really is. It's probably because of Patrick retiring and spending the whole day with me! I know when he goes to work (or did), that it's a week day. Now that he's home, I have to really think of what day it is. I missed my friends funeral because of getting the days wrong. I really need to get this brain back on track! Even though this retirement "thing" is throwing me off, I'm at least Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...