Thursday, January 2, 2020

Over At Moms Today

This morning Patrick was up and went over to moms. Mom called yesterday asking for his help. So, while he was gone, I worked on laundry and tried to get some beading done. I was able to set it up and get the rest of the row done that I had started before putting it away.

Then it was time for me to leave to moms. I got all my fabric and what part of the top I had done, together. I was taking that to moms to work on. THIS WAS A PLAN AND WE ALL KNOW HOW PLANS GO WITH ME. I took my cross stitch along as well because I needed to get a bigger copy of the pattern to work with. Which meant I was stopping along the way. I stopped at the bank, then went to Copy Depot to get my copies made. Then it was off to moms. I planned to be there from 3 till about 8:30 pm to work on the quilt top.

I arrived at moms and there was a car there. I sent Patrick a text saying, "Mom has company, UGH." Sure enough, she had one of the neighbors was there learning how to quilt. She had her quilt (white on white pillow pattern) and mom was quilting next to her. She said something like, "Oh, I guess I better go." I told her no, she didn't have to leave. Family is family. So, I went out to the car and brought my cross stitch in the house. I pulled out the cross stitch and started working on it. I got my pattern caught up on where I was.


After we all had supper - a sandwich - we went back in the living room. I worked on this and they worked on quilting. After moms neighbor left, we sat and watched a movie on Netflix. When it was over, I came home. I was showing the neighbor how I start and finish hand quilting. I think I confused her! lol

So, for the PLANNED day, it didn't happen. We did "talk" about what I needed to do for the quilt, BUT we DIDN'T work on it as PLANNED. - Did you get that part "PLANNED?"

Mom was happy I was there, I was disappointed that we didn't work on the quilt - and we didn't start on Mike quilt either. All that was discussed before I was to go over. We talked about what we would do. Mom didn't even say a word about not being able to work on it. She acted as if it was just great to have me around. We even worked on her vegetable soup for tomorrow. I think I will leave before lunch tomorrow.

At least I was able to work on my cross stitch and beading today. The New Year is starting out pretty good when I can say I'm still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...