Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Checking Up On Mom Today

This morning I headed over to moms. First it was a trip to the bank, then Safeway to pick up some stuff for her, picking up lunch for her, and then to her place. She had said she needed orange juice from the store, so I went shopping for her. She sounded awful. I do believe she has the flu. We decided to cancel quilting on Friday, so I had to make a few phone calls. I called Nancy and she was heading to moms to drop off some chicken soup for her. I headed back home.

I was home by 1 pm. Then I ended up going with Patrick to the bowling alley to test out his ball. Trouble was, they didn't have any room for us to bowl. They had a lot of teams playing this afternoon and then the teens were having a tournament, so we decided to wait till bowling time tonight.

Once we got back home, Patrick wanted to watch "Downton Abbey" (hope I spelled that right). So, I pulled out my cross stitch and worked on it.


I was able to get some outlining done. The bottom part is done, but I need to work on the design that goes in the middle part. I need to check the original pattern to see what goes there. The copy doesn't show it very well. Will be interesting. I was able to roll it and now I'm getting closer to the cat. This is going so much faster than I thought it would. It is pretty. I'm thinking the next cat will be worked on after this. Or I will see what I have in my kits to see what is going to be done next.

Then it was time to go bowling. We won 2 games. We lost the 2 games by 3 pins. I bowled a 181, 203 - yah! I actually got another 200 game! - and 161. Got the big split - 7/10 - on the 10th frame. Blew a good game!! I even beat Patrick by 5 total pins! Woohoo!! I wasn't comfortable with the team we were bowling, but I did okay. It was a quick night and we were not the last ones out the door!

I didn't get as much done that I would have liked but it was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...