Saturday, January 4, 2020

Three Times The Fun!

This morning I had one heck of a time getting up. I even twisted my knee.....that's what they say happens when we get old! My back still hurts, and I was determined not to let it stop me.

So, this morning Patrick turned the stove on downstairs for me. He went outside to work in his garage and I went downstairs to work on my quilt top. I had to rip out the seams on about 6 seams. Maybe more. I had to take the blocks out of the strips. Once all that was done, I sewed the white around the blocks to frame them. Then it was back to getting the blocks sewn to the strips.


I was able to set it up. This is "kinda" like what I'm going for. I have more strips to do. The first part with the flag is sewn together. Then the top of the middle blocks is sewn down. I still need to get more strips for the bottom part. I have the bottom of the flying geese done, but now need to do more strips for the top part - hence the background showing through. I have some strips ready for the right side already. I need to sew them up as well. There will be a 4 1/2" strip that will go on the left and right side to frame it. I have that cut already. I just need to get this part done. It's almost getting to be one PAIN in the butt!! I gave up after a couple hours. I'll try and work on it tomorrow as well.

Then I came upstairs.I thought I would try to do some beading. Sitting in that chair doesn't help my back, but I was able to get some done.


I did get another 2 1/2 rows done.

Patrick brought in the bead racks that he made for me. I love them. There are 2. One is a smaller one but this one is the big one for bigger projects.


There is another row of bead holes between the beads I put in. I think he said it holds 64 beads. I was thrilled!! This is so pretty! He even finished it an it has a nice shine to it.


It works great for what I'm working on.



After 2 1/2 rows, I decided I would call it good. I had to do the 1/2 row because I broke a bead on the row before. I ended up replacing it. My back told me to call it quits for now.

So, I went and got my cross stitching.


I decided to get moving on this one. I still haven't decided if I'm going to outline as I go, I think I will. It might make it look better with the photos. Plus it will get done a lot faster if I do. I am enjoying this piece. I seem to want to keep going back to it.

Now I'm working on a sourdough bread. I have to keep turning it every 30 mins. I'm getting there. It will be awhile before I can go to bed. I should have started it sooner, but I'm okay with that.

It's an awesome day when I can be three times Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...