Friday, January 24, 2020

Visited With A WWII Veteran

This morning Faye picked me up and we headed to moms place. We were waiting on Nauna to take us to a WWII Veterans home. He is 91 years old. He's wife just turned 92 years old. One of the nicest people I have met. I realized while I was talking to him that I had met him before. I looked into my phone and found his name there! I had met him when I took Dan to his Orthopedic appointment in July/Aug last year. I had talked to him and we had an awesome chat. He told me about digging holes and burrying the dead. He was captured at the age of 16. He only was in prison for about a week. The guard there could talk in English. He became friends with the guard and found out that both families (he was German decent) were from the same town in Germany. So, one day the guard made it so he could escape. He told Dale to run, run now, and don't look back. He did just that. He was in the 88th Infinity under Patton's army. Which is what my mother's Uncle was in as well. He gave both Faye and I a bird house that he made. His wife painted it.

We came back to moms and I stayed at moms place. Mom and I planned to work on Mike's quilt. We got 5 more blocks done.


Mom had the eagle done. Patrick doesn't like it because of the legs. I kinda agree. But this turned out pretty good.


We laid the blocks out to see how it would turn out and how big it's going to be. 


This is the direction we are going to working on this. The center blocks will be changed a little, but that's half of the quilt. We have a few more blocks to do. I need to cut some more fabric for the blue, but other than that, I think this will be really pretty when done. At least I'm hoping. The blocks don't come out right in the photo though. There are more details then one can see in the photo. 

Mom gave me a package that someone gave her. 


I checked out the package and found 3 kits and 1 pattern. They are really cute actually. So, now I have more kits do finish! lol - I'll see where this goes. I do like the sewing machine and the mice. So, I may do those and give them to mom. Who knows. I'm just happy to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...