Monday, January 13, 2020

Enjoying The Day With Sandy

This morning I was up and moving. I needed to be ready for Sandy by 9:30 am. I got the laundry going, cleaned up the kitchen (putting dishes away), and started work on the baguette bread so it would be done this afternoon.

Sandy arrived with tea and lunch! She's so much fun to be around! We have a good time. We both were working on our beading. The funny part is that we both made some mistakes because we were visiting too much! She got off a row and took out 2 to get back on track. Then I beaded 2 "lines" twice. So I had to take out 3/4's of the row.


I managed to get 4 rows done today. It is now at 237/446, I believe. Funny how the second half seems to go faster. I got a pattern from Sandy and gave her a couple patterns as well. She doesn't want to do the bigger pieces like this one, but she does like doing the ornaments. We are going to work on doing some earrings when she's done with her ornament. I've got a couple bracelet patterns and I will probably do a couple of those as well. We were talking about what we would do for the craft fair to earn some money. Trouble is, we live in Lewis County WA and that is one of the lower income counties in the state. With Seattle (King Co.) making things hard on the whole state, it's kind of tight around here. So, we'll see what happens. I'm starting to agree with Patrick that we should move to WI where he's from. I may yet!

After Sandy left, I got to work on the baguettes.


They came out really good. Funny part was -


When I took it out of the oven, I found this cute little piece! No clue on that. I didn't see it before it went into the oven. My neighbor took it. We had a good laugh over this.

Then I got start working on my cross stitching.


I did get a few stitches in. I'm having a little hard time with the nest, but I will get it going and it will be fine. Looking good still.

So, all in all, it was a good day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...