Monday, January 27, 2020

At This Rate I'm Still Sewing!

This morning started out slow. I was tired and slept in. When I did get up, I went downstairs to work on another QOV quilt.


Patrick arranged the blocks. I sewed them together today. Then I added a navy blue border. It's prettier than the photo shows. It turned out really well. Patrick was pleased and I sent a photo to mom and she was pleased too. She's sick right now, so don't know if I will be going over there on Wednesday. I really don't want to get her cold.

I finally made it back upstairs around 2 pm. I sat down and worked on my beading.


I was able to get another 4 rows done. I'm at 263/446. I thought I was 260/446 when I posted the last photo but it was actually 259/446 rows completed. It felt good to get 4 more rows. I'm staring to work on the cherries again. They are just below that bird. The third bird is farther down and it will show on the left side when it comes out. I will feel really good when that bird comes. Then I know I'm almost done! lol

I started some cinnamon buns (sourdough) tonight. I have them rolled and ready to cook after they rise. It will be good in the morning. We have to take the truck to the shop tomorrow, so I'm thinking I'll be up early to get them cooked. I'll also have to iron the backing fabric for the 2 quilts that will go to Bill to be quilted.

I did get a few minutes to do cross stitching.


I worked on the flower and border on the bottom right. I added a few more stitches to the flower in the upper left as well.

It turned out to be a busy day! I was surprised I wanted to get the quilt top done. I seem to be sewing more than I really want to. Sewing takes too much time. Like I said, At this rate I'm still sewing! I need to get quilts done for our veterans. I hate being the one that does 90% of our groups work, but I want to honor our veterans in anyway I can. Making a quilt for a veteran and knowing it's my quilt they have is heart warming. I just hope my group will get back on track and help me get these quilts done. I will try to get my panel quilt done for Art as well. I need to do his quilt as well. These 2 quilts will go to the ones that have been waiting over a year. If I could get my panels done, they could get those. I may get mom to do more applique eagles for the veterans as well. In other words, I've been Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...