Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Spending The Day Sewing With Mom

This morning I was out the door by 9:30 am. I took along Sophie and a container of Chia Tea. I was at moms before 10 am.

After I got there, I got some tea going on the stove with milk. She didn't have a lot of milk, but I did what I could with what I had. Then I over heated it because it burned over. It was still good, I just didn't get as much as I gave mom.

Sophie wasn't happy to be there. She went and hid under the bed. While she disappeared I found the box for Mike's quilt. I got working on it and had to send a text to Susy about the eagle block. She said she didn't get it done. She really didn't care for that quilt. I was surprised she didn't figure out what would work.

So, mom and I looked the pattern over - again a bad pattern! So, we figured out how to put the block together. We got one block done to make sure we had it right.


It turned out pretty good. So, we went ahead and did more blocks. Mom sewed and I cut. I trimmed and marked the blocks that needed to be marked. The flying geese were a pain in the butt, we got them going. As we went along, I realized I didn't cut enough of the flying geese 2" squares. I also worked on a few of the other colors that we had extra of.


We have a couple different types. We had a couple interruptions. Mom had a gal come and trim her toe nails, so that was about 15 to 30 mins wait, then mom wanted to go through the stuff she had in the garage before lunch. That took about an hour. So, hopefully next time we get together we can finish this. I need to get mom an eagle to work on for Mike's quilt. Plus I'm going to get my brother's eagles to her to work on. I'm really not in the mood to do quilting lately. I may yet, but lately I have more things that keep my interest.

So, while we went through all the craft stuff she received from one of the neighbors, there was some beads that I took. There were a few containers that I wanted as well. So, came home with a LOT and went through the stuff. I put the stuff I didn't want in baggies and they will go to good will. I have a lot of new containers and will work on getting more organized downstairs. I need to get ready for the time Patrick decides to do the carpet down there. I will need to get stuff in boxes, so if I can be a little more organized and put stuff in the containers, it won't be so bad putting stuff back where they belong.

Then it was time for bowling! I crapped out! I bowled a 164, 166, 137. Not my best. I just couldn't "find it." I could figure out where I needed to be or where the bowl needed to go. Not my best work. I'll lucky I didn't loose a pin on my average.

I really did enjoy working on the quilt with mom today. It turned out to be a good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching. 

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...