Thursday, January 23, 2020

Enjoyed Sewing Today

Okay, I know you know me better than that. Yep, I actually enjoyed sewing....weird! I had an idea of what I wanted to do. So I knew what I wanted to do, and it went really easy....till I was ready to quit. I had 2 blocks I had to take apart and put back together, but the good news was it was the last 2 blocks I needed. I was okay with only having to rip out 2 blocks. It still felt good to sew....go figure!


Of course I couldn't do it all without being watched while I worked. Then left my chair to find Sophie in my car, interested in what was outside.


The only way to get my chair back was to sit on her! - Not really but pretty close to it.


I made 35 blocks like this. Next step is to figure out how they will be laid out. I told Patrick he could do it. Then I told him if he didn't want to, I'd take them with me tomorrow to moms and she could help me. He said, "No, I'll do it, but it will have to be this weekend." I was okay with that. It will be on QOV quilt done. Had to call Chip at the museum to tell him we won't be presenting in February, but we will do it in March. I even called Betty Lou's grandson and left a message but no reply so far.

Came back up after spending 4 hours downstairs.


Got 3 more rows done on the beading. It's coming along. There is another bird that will come up around the bottom of the left side. When that bird shows up, then I know I will be close to finishing it. I'm looking forward to that!

Then Patrick went bowling, and I sat to watch "Virgin River." I pulled out my cross stitching and worked on the bottom right side.


The flower on the right side is getting worked. I want to finish it and start rolling the bar to move on. I will do more outlining and I need to do the stems that go in the area above the rabbit. I'm not sure what it is supposed to look like because on the pattern it's blank. It removes the lines of the pattern. So, I will have to figure it out on my own. Nothing new there! 😀

It made the day enjoyable and Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...