Friday, January 10, 2020

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Back Another Day!

As much as I like rain, this is getting out of hand. We've been pouring rain for 3 days and we've been getting rain off and on before that even.

Today I went up to Tumwater to see Sharon and drop off a quilt to Bill. Actually that was the top I finished a couple days ago. It rained the whole time up there. The worst parts were passing trucks. It doesn't matter how bad the roads are, there is always someone in a hurry that has to pass me by 10 miles an hour more! And I was actually going the speed limit - shame on me!

Sharon gave me some books and magazines to look at for patterns. I told her I wanted to try to do some earrings. She's got a ton of patterns! Most of the patterns she gave me were bracelets. I'm really liking a couple of those patterns! I'll copy them and give them back to her. I picked up my beads and then headed back home.

The roads on the way back were worse then going. At least going, I could see around a truck. The rain came down so hard that it was hard to see a car or truck in front of me - by 4 car lengths. So, I took it easy.....still driving though. Got behind a car that was going 40 in a 70 miles an hour freeway! I ended up waiting for everyone to pass me before I could get going again. It wasn't the most fun I've had getting home. Now I know why so many older people hate driving in the rain. Me, not so much! I do like driving and I do pay attention, but when the weather is this bad it reminds me of the time dad was teaching me to drive in a down pour. Sometime I still hear him tell me to keep going, just be careful.

Got back home and decided to work on my beading.


Patrick was watching his shows - that I don't like - so I decided to listen to my book and get some beading done. I got another 4 rows done. I started to make some mistakes on the last row. Ended up taking it out to tighten the row before, then I was off on my counting and had to figure out what I was going to do. All in all, I decided 4 rows was good enough for today. I'll try to do more this weekend.

Then I got busy working on my beads I bought from Sharon. I organized them, but them with the project I'm working on and even set up an excel program of the beads I have. That way when I need to look and see what I have, I can check my list. I have it so I know if it's 5 gm, 7 gm, or 25 gm. The snowman is ready to work on, but I won't do that one till the Polar Bear is done. While I was working on organizing myself, Patrick was talking about going on a cruise. He's getting the dates and wants to see what will be coming up. So, as he was talking to me, my mind was going again - you know how I work by now! My mind says, "Hey, I can take the Polar Bear piece and work on it. I'll need to get a case to put it in so I can have it all in one place." "How does Febraury 7th sound?" Not good, I told Alice I would talk at the Grange the night before and we would have to leave a couple days before the 7th....."Wonder if I could get my beads all together and ready?!" Then he says, "There's one in April that will be cheaper." "Yea, I can do that one!" - Now I'm thinking, can I put it all in a case that will be easy to fit in the suit case....will I need to get a case from Amazon.....Oh! wow, this is going to be fun!! I might even take my cross stitch too! There I go again!

After all that, I finally get to sit and stitch. We watched a Richard Widmark and Doris Day movie. It was so good!


Was able to add more to the rabbit - not much. And I was working on the greenery in the upper right. I have part of the tail done, and the greenery comes in. I need to finish the rabbit so I can do more outlining. I might start on the border part to make it look good. We'll see how things go.

Tomorrow is presentation day for 3 veterans. I need to be at the museum early because one of the veterans may show up at the 11 am time and not 1:30 pm time. I just hope he got the letter today, but that's a long shot!

At least I was happy being happy with my beading and cross stitching. Patrick can watch a ton of garbage and I'll just enjoy myself at the table beading. That what I call being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...