Thursday, July 2, 2020

Enjoying The Day With Mom

This morning I was ready to help Patrick with painting the wall. I received a call from mom, she asked if she could come over. Patrick didn't want her to come, but I noticed she was emotional. I told her to come on over. She called again, trying to say she had stuff she could do at home, Patrick told her to get her butt over here. She decided to come and picked up some Starbucks drinks for all of us.

Before mom arrived, I helped Patrick take the china cabinet apart. We moved all the furniture that was close to the wall. The china cabinet was not light. It comes in 2 parts. We moved the table as well.

She arrived around 11 am. We went downstairs. Mom brought a couple panels for baby quilts. She is behind 2 great grand-babies. So, we pulled some fabrics out to go with the fabrics that she had. She only had enough for 1 border. I told her she needed more.


This was the first one. I pulled fabric out of my stash to help her out. I pulled the yellow out of my stash and I think it helped it.


This one needed some help too. She only had the outside border. I felt it needed more. So, I pulled out the yellow and green border pieces. I only had enough of the green to make the border. It worked out pretty good. I do like the way it came out.

While we worked on the second one, I asked mom if she would put my "Japanese Dolls" quilt blocks together. She said, "Sure, where is it?" I pulled them out and we looked them over. We were trying to figure out what to do to put them together.


We put these 3 different ideas up. The color would have worked but it clashed with some of the fabrics. The solid black was too much, so we decided on the stripped black.


Because of the way this is put together, I need one more block. Mom is going to do that block. This is the one I had my applique group do back in 2013. It's been awhile. I noticed 3 of the people who made the blocks for me have since passed. I have 2 blocks that I don't know who made the blocks. I will have to do some asking around. The black and white strip works good on this. Mom is going to come back next week to help me finish this up. I'm going to leave it one the wall. I really do want to get this done. It will be nice not to have to worry about one more thing to finish. Next will be quilting, but I have 2 or 3 things I'm quilting on already and haven't touched them in over a year.

Came back upstairs and fixed TV dinners for supper. Patrick didn't want to go out for supper. So, we had TV dinners. After mom left, I ended up cleaning the carpet where the furniture was. That was carpet cleaning - so I will tell you, I was hurting! I was standing the whole time mom was sewing on my machine. So, I had the fun part of cutting and trimming. I was also running up and down stairs for one thing or another. I fixed everyone lunch - egg sandwiches! Then back downstairs to work on the quilt. I was moving the blocks off and on the wall. Patrick got his break after painting the wall. You would have thought it was a ton of work for him! So, when I asked if she would unload the dishwasher you would have thought I asked him to mow the yard! Of course, he did, but then at the same time he broke 2 glasses. He was not a happy camper. I just stayed positive. He was barking he was going to do the carpet cleaning, and I told him I was going to do that, because I already said I would. No yelling or arguing, but just the attitude that drives me nuts! I keep smiling and moving on. Now, I'm hurting and he's laying down on the couch watching TV. Funny how that works.

The best part of all this, is that I enjoyed my day with mom. We were both Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...