Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Time To Myself Today

It's not very often, but I was able to enjoy the morning to myself. Patrick went golfing with some friends of his. 

I was having fun having the day to myself! It was hard to think of all the things I wanted to do. So, I mopped the kitchen floor, vacuumed, and cleaned the cat litter. I was doing all that in between beading. I listened to my audio book, finishing one and starting another one. I seem to take up to 3 days on one audio book. 


I was able to get 6 more rows done. I'm now at 77/580 rows done. The eye of the bird is starting to show up. I'm really enjoying this. It's getting to the point where I need to roll this. It's not there yet, but will need to roll it while I work on it. I do love the way it's coming along. 

I was lucky enough to be able to leave the sliding doors open till about 2 pm. Then I had to shut everything down. It was 95 degrees today.....UGH.....I'm not good when it comes to heat. We don't have air conditioning, so it makes it even hotter because we live upstairs. Downstairs is always cool, which I love. Can't get Patrick downstairs any more. 

After supper, I wanted to work on my cross stitching. I have no clue what I want to do with it when it's finished, but it's cute. I may send it to my great nieces to enjoy. We'll see. 


I worked on the mirrored mouse. I have half the face done and finished the hand. I did get a few stitches in on the ear. I may do the outlining when that mouse is done so I can get some details going on this. It's fun to work on, but tonight I needed to use the magnifying glass. It sucks getting old. 😋

When Patrick got home, he was listening to his Tic Tac and I was able to get another row on the beading done. It was nice to have the TV off for awhile and just sit and enjoy our time doing what we do. I really did enjoy having the time to myself. I know I can go downstairs but I would rather stay upstairs. So, when he leaves for golfing, that gives me a good 4 hours without him. I do miss him being gone to work, but once in awhile it's just nice to have the house to myself. 

It makes it a very good day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...