Thursday, July 30, 2020

Running Around Town Today

This morning I was busy working on getting the deposit done for our water group. Then I was working on paying a couple bills. After that I wanted to leave and go around and do with I needed to get done today. Patrick wanted to go along and didn't want to leave right away. So, I gave him an hour. While he was working on the siding, I was beading. 

Then he came in and decided it was time to go. I got moving. Our first stop was the bank, then Phil's to get some package to mail at the post office, and then off to Staples. They have moved everything around so much it was hard to find what I needed. We did find the paperclips though. Then it was back to Phil's to drop off the receipts and then to Safeway. We bought a few things that we needed. I got some cream cheese for the zucchini cake I was going to make. 

Came home and I beaded another row. Then I decided to get moving on getting the cake made. 


It's a really moist cake. It turned out great. Even Patrick liked it but said he liked the chocolate chip zucchini cake better. Nice to know. I put some zucchini (grated in the freezer). Then I wondered what the heck I was doing! It's so dang hot today that I usually refuse to turn the oven on - let alone let it heat the house for an hour! Guess I was brain dead today because it really heated the house up and I'm still sweating from all this heat. We were in the 90's again today. Guess I can't complain much because Katt was around 108 degrees where she lives in Lewiston, ID. UGH - Still, HATE this weather. Reason number one why I living in WA State. That and the mountains - yes real mountains - and trees. 

After supper I made the frosting of the cake. Then I went back to beading but got caught up in the TV. So, I sat for a little bit without doing much but games and watching TV. 

I finally got my butt up and went to work on some more beading. I got a couple more rows in.
 

The birds eye should be done now. I did get off on a couple beads, but not enough to make a big difference, so left it. That was were I cut the thread and started another thread. When I do that, there is NO turning back. I can't fix the problems before that unless I cut it out and start off. I figured I was close in the colors and it didn't need to be worth ripping out a row to fix 2 beads that were not the right color. Who is going to know that?! Specially at this rate. I do love the way this is coming and the birds belly is getting close to being done as well. What fun! 

I didn't get to be able to work on my cross stitch. When we were running all over town I was thinking I wanted to be home. I wanted to be able to work on my beading so I could cross stitch at night. NOPE. 

I talked with mom and Sharon today.  Sharon is on row 108 with her's. I'm not racing her! I'm about 20 rows behind her and it's probably going to stay that way. Mom told me our friend Nancy had her storage place locked with another lock. She got it open and they found someone had stole her 2 TV's and something else. They put a pad lock on her storage. So the police were looking into how many storage rooms where burgled. She's really upset and I would be too. That is so frustrating!

At least with all the running around I did, I was still able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...