Friday, July 17, 2020

Went To The Grange

It's been a long time since I've been to the Grange. I needed to go to Oakview Grange in Centralia for our Brazilian embroidery group. They were having a garage sale and I picked up suite case that she opened up. It's on rollers and fits in the upper compartment. I really liked it. It wasn't the color that I would have liked but for a brand new case at $5, it was worth it. 

I had to stop at moms before going to the Grange. Then on the way back, I had to stop at moms. I took some doughnuts for everyone. There were only about 6 of us (including me). I wasn't there very long before heading to the Grange. When I got back the doughnuts were still there. I had to pass them all out. We chatted. I didn't take anything because I knew I had to go to the Grange. We had lunch (salad) and then I picked up the Forest Galorest quilt mom and I are working on. She got the branch on plus some leaves. I need to do the squirrels, eyes, and leaves. I will work on it at night in place of cross stitching for awhile. 

Came home and wanted to get some time in on beading. I got working on the row, then realized as I was close to finishing the row, that I did a line twice! So, I took it all out and put it all back in, without adding that extra line. 


As much as I wanted to get 2 rows in today, I was having trouble staying on track. So, I gave up. I only added 1 rows. Now I'm at 31/580. I really wish I could have gotten more done on this! 

After I gave it up, I went to watch TV and work on appliqueing. 


I was able to add the tail and now I'm putting the rest of the squirrel on. It's working out okay, I had to take the tail off the piece. I had the tail too close to the body. Plus it didn't work right on the pattern. This is the first squirrel and then I have another one I have to put on below it. It won't take too long I don't think. 

I went and cut some batting and backing for Faye. She's got another QOV quilt done. Ethel gave me the one I finished and she put the binding on. I need to add the label. I also need to get some labels to her. Tomorrow Faye will stop by and pick up the batting and backing. 

Today was a busy day. Almost as if we were back to normal. I know we aren't. The count for Lewis County is now at 125. 10 more cases were positive of the virus today. We are getting worse instead of better. We had 35 total from Feb to June. Then this. In all that time, I've been lucky to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...