Thursday, July 23, 2020

Getting Old! LOL

This morning I had to be up at 7:15 am. All because I have to take 2 pills with 30 mins between them and 30 minutes after before I can eat. Not my favorite way to start the day.

I was on my way to the dentist by 8:35 am. They cleaned my teeth and took photos. Not my favorite thing to do first thing in the morning but I like getting it over with. We no longer have insurance which means we pay cash and get a 15% discount. They cleaned my teeth so well, that I could feel it all day long. She was telling me I could come in every 3-4 months instead of every 6 months. NOPE! I will work on my teeth.....but not ready to spend the money on a "magic toothbrush." UGH

Came home and worked on my beading. I was able to get 2 rows in.


It's now 49/580 rows done. I wanted to get to row 55 because I believe that's when I start with the hat on the snowman. That would be great! I can't wait to get there.


These are the beads I got yesterday in the mail. I also got more beads today from Faye. She brought them back from Sharon's. We seem to buy beads for each other and it works out, just wish she was closer to me.

My age and my day got to me. I took a nap on the couch till Katt called. Patrick had turned the TV to a screen. Then all three of us napped this afternoon. I figure it's age, weather, and a little depression that does the tired stuff. Either that or my thyroid needs to be upgraded with the pills. I do need to get my blood drawn for tests. UGH

After Katt called, we got supper going. Then I decided I wanted to make something with Phil's zucchini that he gave me. I found a couple recipes that sounded really good. This time I decided on Zucchini Chocolate Cake. I hope it's as good as it looks.


I didn't do enough frosting. It worked out, but will be a little thin on frosting - then again, don't need a lot of frosting! I hope the cake is good enough that it doesn't need the frosting to make it better. I was in the mood to make a cake. I will do a blueberry zucchini bread next I think.

So, today was one of those days that I wasn't in the mood to do much. Yet I think I did a lot considering. I do look forward to tomorrow and being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...