Thursday, September 10, 2020

A Trip To Tacoma

 Today we had time before we had to head to Tacoma. We left early because of traffic. Patrick gave us 1 hour 45 mins. 

We headed up to Tacoma and found that most of the ride was foggy with fire smoke. We figured out that there were so many fires in the state, that they were coming over into the I-5 corridor. It was touch and go in  a couple areas. There is a lot of constriction going on around JBLM and Tacoma. We came to the area that turns us onto the Tacoma City Center. Good thing we were getting off there, because traffic stopped for those going on to Seattle. It was still stopped when we headed back home. 

The good news was I'm Negative for Covid, so I could go for my appointment. We arrived 15 mins early at the hospital. I was called in early which was nice. I took the breathing tests - 4 of them - and that took an hour. She had me down for 90 mins, so it didn't take as long as it could have. A couple of them were hard, but most were pretty good. 

Then we decided to go to the Spaghetti Factory for "lunch/supper." It wasn't as good as we remember, but it was nice to enjoy a good meal out. They had a lot of tables that were crossed off. Plenty of distancing. Once that was done, we headed home. Just getting off onto I-5 was a pain! Good thing it wasn't rush hour. We had to cross 3 lines to get where we needed to be, and others were crossing 3 lanes to get over to where we were. Not fun! Traffic going north was crowded. Half of the trip home, the north bound lines were either slow going or stopped. Good thing we went south. 

Got home and I played for a little bit. Then I decided I wanted to get some beading in. 

It's only 2 more rows, but it's 2 rows! I'm now 178/480 done. It's looking really good. I did have to replace a bead I broke on the row below, when I was working. That didn't take as much work as I thought it would, but I'm getting better at fixing the mistakes. 

Even when my day ended up being taken up by traveling, I can still be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...