Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wednesday - A Day With Mom And Quilting

 This morning I was up and working downstairs to get a few things put away before mom arrived. Didn't help much or wasn't good enough. 

Mom arrived after Patrick took off to go golfing. We worked downstairs to work on my quilt top. Funny thing was, she wanted me to clean my counter before we got started. I through stuff away and I bagged some scraps for Nona. 


My big pile disappeared. I have a small pile now and will figure out what I've got over there and put them away or get rid of them. The box by the serger machine was emptied because I'm not getting new carpet just yet. I was able to move a few things around so that I was tripping over stuff. We had plenty of room to work on the quilt top. 


We had a little trouble with it, but we finally got to this point. I cut some big pieces of the black and white fabric to go on the top and bottom. Then I will border it with a small piece of white and about 5 inches of black. I like the way this came out. It will be longer that way. I will try to get it done this weekend. Have too much going on the next 2 days. 

Came upstairs and had supper. Once mom left, I decided to just dink around on the computer. My back hurt from standing most of the day. But it did turn out to be a good day. I can live with back pain when I actually get something done! It was a good day for being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...