Sunday, September 6, 2020

Finished Up The Japanese Dolls Quilt Top

 This morning I was up and ready to get going. I cooked the cinnamon rolls. Then I headed downstairs. 

I decided to get moving on finishing up this quilt top. First thing I had to do was get the batting cut for the QOV quilt that I'm taking to the church to do. 

Then I needed to get moving on my quilt top. 


I added the borders. I wanted to make it wider, because it was really long. So, I added the black on the sides. I decided not to add a 2" border on the bottom of the quilt. I think this will work. I will do the binding in white. I like the way it came out. Not sure about quilting it, but I'll figure something out later. I have 2 other quilts in the blue room that have been waiting on me to quilt them. One has been waiting for over 10 years now. I seriously need to get these quilts done so I can do what I really want to do. 

Once the quilt top was done, I came upstairs and entered some of my information on my family tree into WikiTree. A relative told me about it. So, I decided to enter it for them. It's free, and that helps so they don't have to worry about paying to see the information. I have a lot to enter, but will take my time. 

After supper, I went to work on my cross stitching. 


I am getting closer. 


I am getting that purple done! I am getting closer to finishing it. I'm starting to run low on the light purple, so that's a good sign that it isn't too far from being done. I can hope! I did have to take out about 5 stitches, but that's nothing compared to some of the ripping I've done before.

I didn't get to bead. I was busy working on the quilt top and baking cinnamon buns as well as baking a cake for tomorrow's fun with Nick and Joann. We'll be BBQ'ing and playing games. I am also going to my BE tomorrow before going over to their place. 

At least today was a good day and I can say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...