Tuesday, September 22, 2020

A Day Of Errands

 This morning we were up and out the door. We needed to do a few things. So, our first stop was at the church to pick up a quilt for QOV that they did. Next stop was at Phil's to drop off some stuff. He left us some cake too. We headed over to Michael's to get the Spring Cat framed. We were lucky because we took the frame we had from the Summer Cat and they had it on "clearance" so we got 70% off. I couldn't believe it would cost $450 if we didn't have a coupon or get the 70% off on clearance. They must mark up stuff! 

We then headed up to Bill's to collect 4 more quilts. One belonged to Faye. We stayed and chatted with Sharon. There was another gal that showed up right behind us, so she got her quilt first. Then Sharon talked to her awhile before she left. Patrick and I ended up waiting till both Bill and Sharon were done. Then we tried to chat with Bill but he didn't seem to be in the mood for company. Sharon and I talked about her beading. She couldn't find one of the numbers (beads) and when I called we were away from the house. So, she's been looking for that bead most of the morning. Told her I've been there. I know I brought up that bead to her. No clue where she has it. She was down to about 10 beads, and she needed more. She was on row 342/480. So she's pretty close to being done. Not me. 

Headed home. Got home and Patrick went outside to work in the yard. Then I went out on the deck to cross stitch. I wanted to enjoy the sun!! We haven't had the sun out in a long time! It felt good. Then I helped Patrick pick his grapes in the back yard. We got a good bucket full! He left a few on the line to get later, but he will need to get them in the next couple days or the raccoons will get them. The whole time we were outside Sophie was meowing at us. She just wouldn't stop! Almost like when we got her at the animal shelter! I couldn't believe it. Came in, and she wouldn't leave me alone. Either meowing or rubbing up against me. It was so comical!

After supper it was working on genealogy. I got a question from a gal that is a 2nd cousin. She asked about the Wineland family. Come to find out, her grandfather is my grandfather's half brother. She didn't know anything about him. I told her what I knew and talked with mom. She didn't know him, but she did know grandmother wrote letters to them. I told her who our great grandfather was, and as I was looking him over, I realized he married his 3rd wife before he divorced his 2nd wife. It had to be that way. He left his 2nd wife and children because he thought he killed someone. He changed his name and with in a few months married wife #3. I need to find the divorce records. I'm betting he was married to 2 wives at the same time! 

Now it was time to cross stitch. 

I started working on the mouse at the bottom left. 

I put back what I took out yesterday. It's coming along pretty good. I do like the way it's coming out. I think I will be doing the pincushion pins last. I'm not paying attention to what colors they are. There must be 6 different colors for it. I'll just wait and do them at the end. I may do some outlining to get started on that part. Then I'll work on the mouse that has the measuring tape. 

Even when it's a busy day, I can find time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...