Sunday, September 27, 2020

It Was A Good Day Today

 Today started out pretty good. I started out with doing laundry - then forgot about it till just now. Guess I need to put some sheets in the dryer before I go to bed. 

I did play games - pretty much most of the day. I also got started on making fudge. 

Checked out who has eaten some already - nope not me! Patrick doesn't waste time when it comes to desserts. I can't seem to keep desserts in the house with him. I'm not complaining since he's started to gain his weight back. I was worried when he dropped 10 lbs. He looked awful. Now that he's finally getting back to eating more, he's getting his weight back. When he was working, he was snacking all day long. When he retired, he didn't eat because he thought I would have to eat too. I told him, to eat and not worry about me. 

I worked on some tomato sauce. Patrick really got into it after I put the tomatoes in the pot. He did the seasonings. It turned out pretty good. It's a small pot. We got enough for us, that would give up 3 meals. We don't eat a lot of sauce but we do like to make our own. This is from the garden, so it's even better. 

I worked on the bottom mouse. It's looking good. I was able to get a lot done today. Funny how I play on the tablet and stitch at the same time. Almost like mom when I was growing up. She could knit and crochet while reading a book. I never got to that point, but was fascinated at how she could do that. Now she just quilts and appliques. Part of the reason why I still quilt. When I go to her place, I can work on my quilting stuff. Otherwise, I don't think I would. 

I have been listening to the book, "Mayflower" and I am fascinated by it. It's amazing how people are repeating history. I found it interesting is so many ways. I also think I found some of Patrick's ancestors in there as well. I will have to review the names in the tree but believe his family is connected to the names in the book. 

It makes life interesting, and fun. I'm still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoying Embroidery Today

 Patrick went golfing and I got a few things done before Sandy came over. We decided to get together today even though the others couldn'...