Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Finally! QOV Presentation.....And Beading.....

 This morning I was keeping busy before heading to the museum to give a QOV presentation. We awarded a quilt to a 90+ year old man. He served in the Air Force around the time my dad served. I was surprised there were 12 people there for his award. No masks. Don't understand that part. He ware the mask, but others didn't. 

Came back home and worked on a couple games. Then I wanted to get moving on getting the hangers done on the Wild Birds piece. 

Sharon showed me how to attach this to the back. I finished what she started. 

I got going on the beads. 

Then got carried away! It's too long. I started to put it together and realized it about 4 rows too many. Guess I was having fun adding beads! 

So, my plan now is to take out the first one that I finished today, and that way I can make sure they are all the same length. At least it's easy to take out a couple rows. I can handle that. If it would have been too wide, then I would have to take the whole thing out, so I can be thankful I didn't get it to wide. It was fun. 

The good news is, I was able to get the museum director to honor another quilt tomorrow. He has hospice at his home. We needed to do it asap, and we couldn't go. So, I asked the director to do the honors for us. We will also be honoring another 90+ year old by the end of the month. They will have to go to his house as he is no longer going anywhere. Mom, Faye and Jim will handle that one. It's nice to be able to honor our veterans, but it's a shame it's under these conditions. 

Today turned out to be a really good day. I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...