Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Where Does The Time Go?!

 This morning I was up and ready to go.....to what - I don't know. 

I made time to go see Cherl up the road. I hadn't seen her for awhile. We sat out in the backyard. We chatted and got caught up on what we both have been up to. While we were chatting, her yard workers came and started mowing the yard. Then they came back around to use the blower. So, we had to stop in the middle of talking in order to wait for them to finish. Then they even ran 2 mowers at the same time in the back yard! She gave me all her embroidery stuff since she can't use her hands to work it. I'm going to work on her piece and give it to her when it's done. 

After an hour and a half visiting, I came back home. I played a few games then sat down to work on my beading. 


The read quilt is my seat. It helps feel a little taller. lol - Anyway, I started the first row, and I had to take part of it out. Once I did that, I ended the thread and added more thread. THEN it twisted and made a knot. Oh, crap. I tried and tried to get the knot loose but no luck. Cut the thread and started all over with the new thread. Twice as long later, the first row was done. Then the second row I came up short. That means I had to go bead by bead backwards to see where I messed up. Fixed that and got the second row done. Now for the third row......another knot. Ended the thread and started with a new thread.......came up short! Backtracked and figured out the mistake. RIGHT there where I added the new thread and ended the old one. I started another thread, then worked a few stitches to the point where I needed to fix the mistake. Cut the thread where the bead needed to be added. Worked it to the end, and said, "Enough of this!" So, at that point, I quit. Three rows done in twice the time. I'm now at 169/480. 

Played a few more games, made supper and then exercises. It was time to play the game on the computer, that I used to play at night. With free energy, why not? 

Now it's 9 pm and the day is over. I wanted to get some genealogy in tonight, but that didn't happen. Patrick's ready to call it a day, and I'm thinking "Oh crap.....didn't do what I planned." Oh, yea, that's why - I PLANNED IT! Never do what I'm planning....still haven't learned. One of these days when the day goes as I plan then I'll be jumping for joy - even if it takes me to 90 years old!!

At least I can say today was a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...