Saturday, September 12, 2020

From Cleaning To Baking To Cross Stitch

 This morning started out on a run and kept going all day. 

The first thing was getting my new beads in the mail. I had to get started on the cookies first though. We cooked the butter to brown, then we cooked the pecans in butter. It was all for the Pecan Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies. We had to let the butter cool down. So Patrick went to the store to get the Bourbon we didn't have. 

While he was gone, I worked on putting the beads in bags into tubes. 



This was what I got in the mail. So, I took and put the white beads in tubes to make it easier to work with. I also put a few other beads in bags into tubes. It keeps me on track. Called Sharon and she said she hadn't gotten her beads from Fire Mountain in yet. My beads from Aura Crystals. I like going through them, not postage and no tax. Fire Mountain is Oregon and Washington complained to Oregon that they needed to collect tax from WA residents. Pain in the butt when you consider how much tax WA has for stuff!

After doing that, I had to get my pork chops started for supper. It's beaded pork chops and that takes time to prepare. After supper we then worked on the cookies. I got them mixed and ready. Patrick rolled the cookies to be baked. 


With Patrick's help, they came out really good. I really like trying new things. It seems that cookies today are a lot bigger then they used to be. Love these cookies! It was a new recipe. 


Sophie finally got on the tree and seems to be playing on it. I wanted to get her playing but she noticed I was watching, so she quit. It was really fun watching her enjoy the tree. We were a little worried she wouldn't have anything to do with it. I understand that cats take a while to play on them. Something to do with the smell. 

After all that was one - from top to bottom - I decided to sit and relax. Relaxing for me is cross stitching or doing hand work. So, I worked on the cross stitching. 

I did more outlining on the mirror. I will work on that again later. I worked more on the pincushion. 

I got a lot of the pincushion done. I have a few more purple stitches to do, and then I'm done with the purple. I did get started on the clothing on top of the pincushion where another mouse is. The bottom of the pincushion has another mouse as well. I'm getting there. 

I was able to get a lot of stitches in on this one. It makes it a good day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...