Friday, September 25, 2020

Friday Meeting Day

 This morning I had to stop and get mom some milk before heading to her place. Arrived around 9:30 am and there were already 3 people there. They were chatting and snacking when I arrived. 

I went to work on checking our family tree, because I was listening to the book "Mayflower" on my way over to moms. I thought we were of the Bradford family but I have Bradbury. I also don't go back far enough on the White family to see if we are part of the Bradford family. I check on my Benjamin White and found some errors. I had him married twice - and 2 different dates of birth. Yet I really don't know when he was born. So, I asked my daughter in law, Emily to help me out. She's so good at fixing my mistakes. My dyslexia got me confused on who I was looking for and there were 2 completely different Benjamin White's that I was going one way, and then the other. She's going to get me straightened out! I really need it! Plus I think this is were I accepted other peoples family tree to mine. So, once it's cleared up, I can work of the right way to go. 

Then I finally sat down to get to work. Everyone started coming in. We ended up with 7 of us. I got to work on Ethel's block. 


I finished the last leaf and then got to work on the "skinny stems" but they really are not that skinny. It works though. I need to cut the flowers and add them. I decided to do the back basting on the stems. If I would have been thinking, I would have done the leaves that way as well. I'm going to go ahead and do the back basting on the flowers. It will look a lot smoother. 

Came home around 3 pm. Got to work on a few of my games. lol 

We got supper and left for Kelso. It was bowling night. We bowled pretty good. won 3 games. I bowled a 157, 172, 158. It really wasn't my night. Plus the lanes are a little different. I'm working on it. It's a learning process to figure out how the lanes are different for my ball. It's not curving when I need it to. So, I'll work on it. I have always been taught how to figure it out. Hopefully in a couple weeks, I will have it figured out. 

Today was a day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoying Embroidery Today

 Patrick went golfing and I got a few things done before Sandy came over. We decided to get together today even though the others couldn'...