Friday, September 18, 2020

Spending The Day With Mom And Nancy

Today I was up and out the door before mom was up. Stopped and got us some Chai tea at Starbucks. 

Arrived around 9:45 am. Shortly after I arrived Nancy showed up too. We all worked on the block for Ethel. It's a 5" block that is appliqued. 


 I started with my block that has 8 leaves. I did the 4 leaves in the center of the peice. The other leaves goes on the outside of the "circle."


When we stopped to have lunch we saw a deer at the neighbors house. It thought it was so funny how she just sat there with the ears twitching!


Mom is designing her own applique blocks for this quilt. We were trying to figure out how many more she needs to finish a big quilt. 


She has enough of the 9 patches to make 3 quilts! She's been having fun making the blocks. With making 2-3 a day, she's been getting them done really fast. It's really pretty! Love what she's been working on. 

I stayed till about 3 pm and headed home. Got home and played a game before getting ready for bowling. Then about 10 mins before we headed out the door, they called to say the bowling alley had some flooding and we wouldn't be bowling tonight. There was a thunder storm that came through, but we barely got it. Patrick was saying we would run into it on the way down to Kelso. Guess we didn't have to worry about it, because we weren't going. Patrick called our partners to let them know and they were already down there. They said they were in the middle of the down pour. Usually they are late getting to the bowling alley. Funny how they beat us, but then wasn't at the bowling alley. Probably went out to eat before we had to bowl. Not sure how long it will be closed. Hope we can bowl next week. 

So, I got to work on doing the hangers on the Wild Birds. 


We all know how it goes when one wants to finish something really badly! Well, that's pretty much what happened. I put the center together and it went together great. I put the left one on.....oops, it's backwards. Tried to take it out......yeah that's when it all changed....I cut the thread and found out I cut the thread that belonged to the border, not the hanger. I ended up taking out 5" of the row. ONE BIG HOLE. So, I had to fix what I took out! I had to replace some beads that "fell off." 

Almost 2 hours later. I had the piece back together and started to sew down the hanger again. I started it...then missed the stitch.....that was the time I decided to stop working on it and finish it tomorrow. I will try to do a better job tomorrow. I just don't want to get another mistake at this point. 

Which puts me at "done for the day." At least most of my day was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...