Monday, September 28, 2020

Baking And Crafts - The Best!

 My love is to bake bread and goodies. So, today was a good day of doing what I love. 

I got moving with getting laundry started - and not forgetting to finish what I started. Then I went outside to the freezer, and tried to decide on supper. I found what I wanted, but was tired of the freezer and all that ice! So, I took everything out to defrost it. Patrick thought I was nuts because he didn't think we could put all the food in the freezers. I grabbed all the coolers we had, filled them. Then I took what was left and put them in the top freezer downstairs and the bottom freezer up here. To my surprise, he took over. He put the hot light in the freezer to get the ice to melt. He would go and check on it off and on all day. When I thought he was mowing, he was actually taking a break from mowing and checking on the freezer. Once that was done (before supper), we both cleaned it and put some of the freezer food in the freezer. He wants to make sure it's still working after we did all that. He's been out there twice so far and says it's working. Tomorrow will be putting all the freezer food back in the freezer. 

I was working on my beading. I was listening to the end of the "Mayflower" audio book. It's amazing how we are repeating that time. It's also amazing to find out over 1000 Native American's where shipped to England as slaves. Funny how no one remembers that. I was able to get another 7 rows done on my beading. It's looking good. 

I was waiting for the bread I was making to raise while I was beading. 


I "tried" a new recipe. There was so much in it that confused me. The one in the middle was the one I tried to do the "folding" like it said. I really don't understand how that worked. So, more dough is on the 2 ends and not in the middle. So, I just rolled the other 2 and put them in my pan. The next time, IF I do it again, I will have to read the instructions till I understand what they are talking about. It did turn out really good though. Patrick cut them into sandwich size pieces. That way we can use them for sandwiches and they will be fresh from the freezer. If they stayed on the counter they would go dry really fast. 

My next thing, and cleaning up my messes and getting laundry folded and put away, was to cross stitch. I still play games, but I was doing that while I was stitching...and listening to my audio books. Started another one. 


I worked more on the bottom mouse. Was able to get a few more outline stitches in. I put the games away and watched DWTS. Just because it's Disney night. I worked on the mouse's feet, tail and then outlining the feet of the upper mouse. I need to add a yellow stitch in the sleeve, so didn't outline that sleeve yet. I was able to get the tail and feet outlined on the upper mouse. It's getting to the point where I can roll it. I did add some shadowing as well. I still have more shadowing to do. It's getting there. I'm happy with it so far. They are cute. Still no idea who's getting this piece. 

Keeping busy today was fun. I needed that to pick up my spirits. It felt good to have a nice day today. The weather, the temperature, and the day in general was awesome. It makes it so much easier to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting - OH YAH, Happy Cooking!


No comments:

A Painful Day

This morning, we were woken up by a phone call. That was 8 am. I was hoping to sleep in today. Ron was calling to walk. He had Century Link ...