Thursday, September 3, 2020

A Waiting Game Day

 Today we had to take the Van up to Olympia. We decided to take the Van and walk around while we waited. Patrick offered to go by himself today, but I liked the idea of walking around in Olympia. It might actually be Tumwater, but either way it's Olympia. Before we left, Sharon called asking if I had a specific bead that she needed. So, I told her we would drop it off. Grabbed tomatoes on the way out the door. 

We left early to drop off mail and we were planning to get gas, but it looked like we needed to pass getting gas till we got back. W arrived at about 10:30 am with an appointment being at 11. They needed to replace a part for the "recall." So, we parked in the wrong spot, had to move the car and drive it through the "service area." Patrick already talked to the guy and had gotten the information started....or so we thought. There were 2 people in front of us. The "other" guy got them done and we were still waiting on the one Patrick started with. He had a phone call he was dealing with. After a good 10 mins waiting, he asked Patrick questions and got the van ready to go. He SAID it would be done in about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Okay, not worries. 

We headed out, and walked down the street to Pet's Smart. We looked for a snake on a rod for Sophie since she chewed the last one up. We found what we were looking for. Then we looked at the cat trees. I've been trying to get Patrick to get a tree for Sophie. The one I liked was $125 - which was a lot more than I wanted to pay. So, we talked about looking on Amazon. After we got what we wanted - the snake - we headed over to Walgreens to see if they had a better mask than the ones I made. They didn't have much so we left. We walked back up toward the car station. It was a nice stop at a pastry shop. We got something to drink and something to eat. Patrick got a cherry pie and I got a dessert. It was chocolate and rich. We sat and chatted for a good half hour. We needed to wait anyway and he didn't get a call telling us that the van was ready. 

We walked back to the Hundai service center. When we arrived, we waited another 5 mins. The serviceman went into the office and didn't come back for that much time. He informed us that the van hadn't been done yet, and the guy that was working on the van was gone at the moment. "He should be back in 20 mins" and it will take "about 30 mins" before it's done. So, we went into the shop and sat in the chairs. They had told us that we couldn't sit in the shop because of Covid - but then we made the appointment 2 months ago! We went and sat in the shop - where I got on my phone to see the news. I got interested in the news about a couple "missing children" that actually ran away. It was interesting at how they were able to make it after all those years. They also told why the left. I read slow, so over a half hour later, still nothing. Patrick got up to go to the bathroom when we were 45 mins waiting and that's when the serviceman came in to let us know it was done. We were one the road at 1:45 pm headed to Sharon's. 

We arrived at Sharon's through a "shot cut" that she told us about. It was so nice that we didn't have to keep stopping and turning to get where we wanted to go. This way it was 2 turns and we were there. About 5 mins later. Sharon and Bill were there. Sharon was fixing a seam on my quilt that was open. So, I helped her out. It was a pain! It was were the seams match up. ONLY a foot was left to finish on the quilting. I told Bill I had another quilt for him, and he said he didn't want any more for awhile. Patrick chatted with Bill while he finished up the quilt. Sharon and I went to her beading station. We chatted about the beading "tips" that she had. I loved that. I showed Patrick the covered wagon pattern that Sharon took and made. I liked it, but Patrick didn't like the colors. So, I don't think I will be making that one. I have some I can make myself so I will work on the ones I like. It was another waiting game. 

Finally at 3:45 pm, Patrick said we needed to go. We got the quilt he finished and Debbie's quilt. Now it was to the gas station. Arriving in Centralia to use our $1 off gas. Stopped and got gas - at $1.45. It was nice. We then decided to go to DQ for supper. Had chicken strips and called it good. Then it was time to head to the bank. Arrived around 4:30 pm. Once all that was done - of course we had to wait there too -- we finally made it home. I had to play with Sophie and I wanted to play a couple games. 


I finally got about an hour to work on my cross stitching. I was able to get about 100 stitches in. One of these days, I'll get more! 

Even though I was "waiting" and "waiting" today, I was still able to enjoy a few stitches. Guess that make me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!=


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...