Tuesday, October 27, 2020

A Calm Day, Before A Busy Day

 This morning I started out with laundry. I have been a little behind, so it was nice to get caught up on the laundry. 

Then I got to work on the certificates for the QOV recipients. Then I got the stuff ready I need to take with me tomorrow for our presentations. I was getting everything together so I didn't have to do it first thing in the morning. It will be nice to be able to give out 5 quilts tomorrow. 

Then I played a few games before sitting down to watch a movie with Patrick. It was a "comedy" with Adam Sandler and others. It was also Halloween. I didn't care for the movie - I just don't like the "stupid" (hate using that word) part of the movie. It has a good story - at the end. Not my kind of movie!

While I was watching the movie - 

I was working on my mice. Sophie decided she wanted to see what I was working on. She was going after the threads before she decided to check it out. No claws, just touch. 

Think she was trying to tell me something! She's a cutie at times. Not sure what she was thinking. 

I worked on the measuring tape. I also added more of the shadowing. I was able to get a lot of shadowing done. I then went to work on the spools on the lower left. I'm going to work on some outlining next to get it to show more. The shadowing did help, and I'm trying to get comfortable with the half stitch again. I forgot how hard that is for me to remember to do the last stitch of the cross stitch. I always want to do the first stitch, which goes the wrong way. It's coming along. I'm getting close to getting this done and I really do want to finish it. I want to see what I want to do next. I'm not quiet there yet for the other cat samplers. I want to do one more thing before doing the cat sampler. 

It turned out to be a good calm day. Relaxing and being calm today was awesome. Not liking the news, not happy seeing people destroy this country, but I need to let it go. I want to stay positive and not let all this sad stuff get me down. I really don't want to see the issues that are going to happen. I'm afraid of a Civil War coming. Praying that doesn't happen. At least I was calm and Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...