Saturday, October 24, 2020

Trip To Portland And Back

 We were able to enjoy a couple hours this morning before heading to Portland to pick mom up at the airport. She was due in at 3:30 pm. We left a little early so we could stop at Ikea before picking her up. We arrived about an hour before having to get to the airport. At least it was only 5 mins away. 

We arrived to find a line all the way around the side of the building. So, we headed over there figuring we would see how long it took to get back around and in the store. 20 mins later, we finally made it into the store. Patrick and I wanted to check out the frames they had. We found 2 that would work, till we tapped on the "glass" to find it was plastic. I didn't want plastic as the cover of a frame. We even picked out 2 frames we liked. Changed our mind. So, we headed out the building with nothing to buy. That is really rare for me to leave a building without buying something! I was looking around and really shocked at finding the "good quality" they used to have - is now plastic, cheap, and easy to break. Not real wood like they used to have. Really disappointed. It's been a long time since we have been there, (other than when we took mom to the airport a couple weeks ago). 

Mom was one of the last ones to come to the luggage area. She was in the wheelchair. I took the dog and her "purse." We had to walk up 2 levels to get to the walkway. Patrick went before us to get to the car first. But we got up there about the same time. He paid for the time in the garage, and we met up at the car. 

We then stopped in Longview/Kelso at Red Lobster. We all had a good meal. Mom and Patrick got the shrimp scampi with a lobster tail. I got the Kung Puo noodles with fried Lobster tail. That was really good. Patrick and mom were happy with theirs as well. 

Another long drive home, and dropped mom off at her place. Then headed back home. We were home by 7 pm. It turned out to be a LONG day. 

Made some hot chocolate and then sat to work on my cross stitching. 

I worked on the measuring tape and did a few outlining stitches. I was enjoying this. I was enjoying working on the spool and measuring tape as well. I still need to do the rest of the tail. Then I will work on the outlining as well. What fun! 

At least the day wasn't a bust. I was still able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...