Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Off To Vegas.....And Back To Bead

 This morning we were up and out the door to moms. She was packed and ready to go. Daisy was ready as well. We drove mom down to the Portland to the Airport. 

It was a couple hours drive to drop her and Daisy off. We got to the counter and mom was 8 lbs over. They said it would be $70 more for being overweight. So, we took a few things out of her suit case that she could carry with her. I found a 10 lb roast in her suit case! She told me to leave it there. It was frozen! No clue why she was taking that down there! We got her set up with a wheelchair before we left. 

We went to Red Lobster for lunch. I was was surprised they didn't have lunch. It was dinner! So, we both got coconut shrimp. We didn't eat them all. Patrick had 4 while I had 3. Which ended up being where we brought the rest back. I had a free cheesecake coupon, so we ate that between us. It was really, really good! I was full by the time we left. I haven't even been hungry enough to eat tonight. So, I went without supper. 

On the way down one of my friends from Olympia called to say she had some fabric for QOV. She asked if I wanted it. Told her yes, we would take it. So, I'm having her go to Sharon's to drop it off. I'll pick it up from Sharon. Then on the way back home, I got another call saying another friend in Olympia wanted to donate $500 to our group! I was thrilled!! Today has been a great day for our group! 

So, when I got home, I called Sharon to let her know about Terri dropping fabric off. Told them about the money too. Then I called Faye and told her we need to be giving these quilts out. So, we are going to do presentations with one person at 1 pm, another at 2 pm and a third at 3 pm. We are going to do it on the 28th and 11th. I was going through my list of recipients and sending out emails to see if we could honor them. So far, one came back to say they will wait till 2021 and do it with a group. I have a family of 3 that we can do at once. Then there is another family of 2 that we can do as well. All that took all afternoon getting it ready. I can't ask anyone else till I find out who's coming and what times I have available. 

I decided to try and get some beading in. 

Sophie decided she wanted to help me. That didn't last long. 

I was able to get 7 rows done on the Santa ornament. I need to get a couple more ornaments done. I want to give a couple away for Christmas gifts. 

The day went fast when your on the road. We didn't get home till 2:30 pm. But it was nice to still be Happy Stitching//Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...