Saturday, October 17, 2020

Busier Day Than I Planned....We Know How That Goes.......

 This morning I was up early. I started out with waiting to see when Patrick would get up. I listened to my book, "The Cat Who Brought Down the House." I love the Cat Who books. I've been listening to the ones I missed. I even have the first book on hold so I can listen to it again. It's the one that tells how all this started. This book said, "25 years" have gone by. So, I was wondering if she had been writing all those books over 25 plus years. 

Then it was time to run to the store. We had to stop at Ace Hardware to get the parts for the toilets. Then we headed to Safeway to pick up a few things that were needed. Patrick was noticing how cereal boxes are about half the size they used to be. Which means he goes through his cereal faster then he used to. I tend to agree. 

Laundry was started. Took most of the day. I decided to make cream puffs for dessert. But first I needed to cook the tomatoes that were ripe. I made a ketchup. It wasn't much, but we are going to make that into BBQ sauce. Once all that was done, I started the cream puffs. Once that was cooked, I went to work on my beading. 

I was able to get to 65/200 rows. I wish I could show it, but I can't. It's coming out pretty good. A little better than I expected. 

Then it was folding laundry, cleaning up the kitchen (3 times), and THEN it was time to work on my cross stitching. 



I was able to work on the tail of the tan mouse. I wanted to get started on the measuring tape. I had to work on the spool first to get close to working on the tape measure. I will probably work on the outlining again since it's getting to the part where it will look good. 

This is a closer look at what I was working on. I finished the ear, started the tail, worked on the spool, and then worked on starting the measuring tape. This is really fun to work on. I was thinking of my grandmother when I was working on this. She was doing counted cross stitch when I was about 8 years old. We lived in Japan at the time, so she got some pillow patterns that we worked on. I asked her to teach me how to do that, and she told me she didn't think I could do it. It was too complicated. It was when I married Patrick, that his mother showed me how to do this kind of cross stitch. I had always done the stamped cross stitch before. Funny how my mind wonders at times while I work on these pieces. I do miss those days, when my grandmother taught me embroidery and my mother-in-law and I had something in common that we worked on together. Those were Precious Moment pieces too. 

So, when I said, "We Know How That Goes," I was meaning how I can plan a day and it doesn't turn out the way I wanted it to. Today, it did, but didn't. I didn't get as much done on the beading as I would have liked. But all in all, it turned out pretty good. Going from one thing to another, and I was still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...