Wednesday, October 28, 2020

QOV Presentation Day

 What an honor it is to honor our veterans. I just love being a part of Quilts of Valor. 

This morning I was able to get everything ready to go. I left early to pick up cookies at Safeway. While I was there I got some ice tea to take with me. 

I arrived at the museum to find Smiley there. I gave him a notebook full of our veterans who are listed to receive a quilt. Then I headed to the back room to get help with setting the chairs out. We were presenting quilts downstairs in the museums main area. Once the chairs were out, Faye showed up. We then went into the back room to pull out 5 quilts for our presentation. It was well worth it. We had a couple quilts that we wanted for a couple veterans. 






Top veterans are Mike Taylor, Bud Keller, bottom veterans are Michael Ackley, (family of 3) Jessica Gean, Curtis Huntley and John Dailey. All were wonderful and enjoyed receiving their quilt. Bud Keller's son was in Alaska and wasn't able to make it. I sent him a lot of photos, and he told me his father called and cried when he told him how happy he was to get it. Bud was a Vietnam Veteran. My heart bust with pride when I help award these quilts. So well worth it!!

Came home and was able to get a few stitches in on my cross stitching. 

Not much but a few stitches. Even if I hadn't be stitching, it was a Happy Day! I enjoyed spending time giving out quilts. We did 3 ceremonies because of covid. Weird part was, most didn't bother to wear a mask. That does worry me a little. 

Today was a great day and it was nice to be also be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...