Friday, October 30, 2020

Applique And Bowling

 Today was the day I was heading over to Nancy's. She and I have been meeting on Fridays since mom let. Mom's back but is in quarantine since she got back last week. 

I arrived around 9:15 this morning.  She had a couple guys there putting her microwave in. After they left, one of the guys that did the cabinets came to put in another shelf and worked on the mess that was left over. Carmen came and we took a walk. It was a good walk, as I really needed to get out there. We stopped by moms and I gave her the cookies that Patrick had. Also dropped off some cans for her as well. When we got back we worked on the applique. Nancy finished her piece. I worked on Ethel's piece. We took a break after the cabinet guy left, and went to Subway for lunch. We brought the food back and eat. Then I worked on my piece some more and she worked on getting her next block set to work on. 

I finished the piece. Not real happy with the end result. I may redo a couple flowers but I'll wait and see. Turned out better than I thought it would. It's such a small piece. 

Came home and fixed the beaded panel that was off last night. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. I didn't have to cut the middle and add a row or take a row out. I really looked it over and found that the top area had one row of blue too many. 

The center piece here - is the one I fixed. If one looks closely, one will see I did one blue row to many at the top. So, I took out the top 4 rows and put back 3 rows. It was easier than the other way I was thinking. But in the long run, I had to fix the top anyway. If I would have made the mistake I thought I had - which is in the middle - I would have had to cut the center, fix it, and then try to figure out why the starting point wasn't on the left side. This way, I was able to remove a row and fix the top at the same time. 

Then it was time to go bowling. I'm still working on getting better and picking my "a**" off the floor!!I bowled a 139, 173, 157. Not the best, and not a 500 series. Getting ticked I haven't had a 500 series in a while. I lost 1 pin on my average. Now it's 161. UGH, UGH! I'm getting there. At least I don't throw a fit when I don't bowl good. Nick was just throwing the ball down the lanes, and one time he threw the bowl before the cage went back up. I was worried he was going to hit the return. He didn't. It was a little embarrassing have a team mate throwing a fit. Oh, well. At least my day was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...