Friday, October 16, 2020

Friends Day And Bowling Night..

 This morning I over slept, but made it in time to be at Nancy's for appliqueing. We had a good visit. I got to see her new kitchen minus the counter tops. That will come next week. It looks good and she has a couple of drawers that I really love! I wish they had those when we put our kitchen together! 

We sat and chatted. I was able to get to work on the flowers for Ethel's quilt block. 

I freaked out! I couldn't get the stem to go under the flower (left side). I took it apart and put it back on. After trying hard to get the stem to "not show," I realized there is still more to the flower and it will disappear when I do get that part on. So, I just sewed it on and will add the next part to make it work. Then it was time to walk the dog. One of the quilters from Tuesday's group came over and we ended up chatting the rest of the time. 

Came home and worked on my beading. 

I got my beads from Aurora Crystals. 

This is the color I needed for both the Snowman and the gift. I was able to get 8 rows of the "gift" done. It's coming along, and I actually am starting to like it as it goes. I'm now at 60/200 rows. I will try and work on it again tomorrow. 

It was now time to go bowling. We headed down to Longview and the good news was - no accident. It was full on the freeway though. Not sure why. Coming and going there was plenty of traffic. I didn't bowl any better than I did on Tuesday. Lost another 3 pins!! And I was 3rd in high average for women. UGH! I bowled a 150, 136, 165. I seriously need to figure out what my problem is! I found I was dropping my shoulder as well as throwing my wrest off. Can't win! I seriously need to work on my mistakes! I think it's me. I have a hard time with those lanes. I really need to get over the difference in lanes and try harder. 

At least I was enjoying the day by being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...