Friday, December 11, 2020

A Day Of KrumKaka's

This morning I was up early. Then I was off to moms. First I had to pick up heavy cream and some marshmallow cream.  Then headed over to Sandy's work to give her the pattern I ordered for her and to give her her Christmas gift. She knew right off what it was because the hanger stuck out of the bag. She was thrilled. Made my day! 

Next stop, mom's. We worked on the krumkake's for a good 3 hours. We (Nancy, mom and I) stood and cooked them on the krumkake irons that they had. We got 4 done at a time, 2 from each iron. Mom was in the middle and rolled as they came out. It really didn't take long. 

Three patches later, we had over 100 krumkake's done. I brought home some for us. I brought some home to stuff with whipping cream! I added some blackberry jam to the cream to give it flavor. 

Came home around 2:30 pm. Decided to wait before I went to Arby's to get us some food. 

I then sat down and worked on embroidery. 

I finished it!! It's ready to be washed and framed. Then it will be taken over for her to get as a gift. I'm proud to give it to her. 

After I did that, I decided to try and get the block started. 

I appliqued the shoes. Then I put did the back pasting on the dress. I can now do the appliqueing on the dress and get more done. I do like the way the lace is on this, so I must of put it down right. 

As busy as today was, I was enjoying the fact that I could be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...