Monday, December 14, 2020

One Finish, One Still To Go

 We woke up to texts on my Niece's open heart surgery. She was having major surgery because of her heart defect from birth. She wasn't in the operating room as long as they thought she would be. The surgery went quick considering. She's now in ICU and in a lot of pain. The next few days will be tough for her, but we are all praying she comes out of it with good results. 

This morning started out pretty good. I got laundry going. Patrick went up to Olympia for more blood tests. While he was gone, I vacuumed, did laundry, and cleaned up the kitchen by putting dishes away. 

Once all that was done, I sat down to work on the beading. I was determined to get the ornaments done! I ran into some trouble working on the top of the second ornament. I found something different that I like better. Must of done the top of the ornament 3 times before I liked what I did. 

This looks better. I do have 2 tassels on and want to finish it tonight before going to bed. It doesn't take long to add the tassels. 

This is the first one, and it's done. I do like the way it came out. Not sure right now which one will be mine. 

This is the finished embroidery I said I would post a photo of. 

I baked a sourdough bread tonight. It was AWESOME! I put flaxseed in it. Added flaxseed, sesame seed, and poppy seed to the top. I need to figure out how to keep the seeds on the top after they are baked. I did loose a few. I will research that and then try again. But the bread was wonderful. I can have sourdough bread, so was going to put slices in the freezer for me, but Patrick gave half of it to the neighbors. I will just have to make another bread in a day or two. 

I'm working on getting the ornament done, and hope to finish it after I get done with this blog. I'm glad I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...