Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas Everyone!

 Today is a good day. I love Christmas. Not sure if it's because of family or if it's because it's a relaxing day. I have always loved Christmas. 

We opened our gifts last night. I was thrilled with all my gifts. I have a few that will replace a few things. Patrick got me a food processor, so I'm going to get rid of the stuff that I was using that is about the same. I have a small one, but this one is a lot better. I also got some lovely socks that my DIL made for me. I love them! They remind me of the ones mom used to make when I was growing up. Katt gave me a bread book by Paul Hollywood. I'm loving this year. I was able to give handmade gifts as well. I have always loved giving gifts that I made more than I have by buying gifts. I'm hoping to continue the "tradition" by giving more handmade gifts. It just takes time to figure out. I have a couple ideas and my start after my Snowman is done. 

I did get a row in on the Snowman today. I had an hour before a movie started, so I worked on it. 

We watched "SOL" from Disney. I loved the movie, but I don't think Patrick was as crazy about it as I was. I enjoyed it. A lot of fun to watch. 

We had Prime Rib for supper and it was awesome! I had a ton of garlic (got from Costco) and could hardly taste the garlic. We are going to cook the bone and make a soup or stew out of it. Should be good. I can't do soup, so it will really be interesting if it does turn out. 

We fixed our Bananas Foster Cheesecake. It turned out different then I thought. 

It turned out awesome. I was surprised I actually made a good Cheesecake. I love to bake, but was often told Cheesecakes are hard to make. Apparently not. Woohoo!

It was a relaxing day, enjoying movies, music, and each other. I was also Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...