Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Time For Holiday Baking

 Today started out pretty good. I wanted to get my cookie baking done today - or at least started. So, I pulled out the dough from refrigerator. I split it in half and started baking. We used the big cutters to make them. I couldn't get more than 12 cookies out of it. I decided to make a double batch - again -  and see where we go from there. I took the recipe from mom's old Betty Crocker book. It's older than mine and some of the old recipes are better than the new ones. That batch went into the frig. Patrick left for his dental appointment. 

While he was gone I worked on cleaning up and getting ready for baking again. I watched "Perry Mason" and when he got home, I got the dough out of the frig and got started. This time I got a ton of cookies out of it. I used the "medium" cutters - ones from what mom gave me. 

When I was done baking, I started another recipe for Gingerbread cookies. Put that in the frig and then I cooked supper. Once all that was done, I started in on the frosting of the sugar cookies. 

Patrick and I disagreed on the thickness of the frosting. He wanted it runny, so I made it runny. I think it needed to be thicker. He ended up doing 90% of the frosting on the cookies. I didn't get to do much. AND I think the frosting is the most fun to do!! It's like when the kids lived here, they got to do the fun part, and I did all the work. Never fails. He didn't want me to show him how to pipe, so it got interesting to say the least. 

Once all that was done, I was done. I sat down to relax for a bit and Sophie decided it was a perfect time to join me. 

She was out fast! I did make her move when I decided to do my back exercises. She wasn't too thrilled with me. 

As much as I wanted to bead, I didn't get the chance. I will tomorrow while Patrick is golfing. Then when he gets back, we'll cook the gingerbread cookies. I hope they turn out. I don't know what to expect, because I have never made them before. Not even a house. 

My day was fun. BUT it's wasn't a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...