Saturday, December 12, 2020

Working On Finishing Stuff

 This morning I was running behind. I did fix breakfast but then I went into slow moving mood. Once I did get going, Patrick and I went to Michael's because I had a voucher for $25 that had to be used by Monday. At first I had no clue what I was going to get. Patrick suggested we check out the shadow boxes, since most of my work is embroidery or cross stitching that needs frames. We found a "Buy one get 2 free" sale on. I couldn't believe it. So, we got one big shadow box - normal price $32, and 2 smaller ones, that were around $22. With the voucher, and the sale, we paid $9 total. I was okay with that. We did have to wait in line for the cash register but the line went pretty fast. 

Came home and I played a few games. I wasn't in the mood to do much. I did get the embroidery in the wash pot. (Hand washing). It looks like it won't bleed. I added some stuff to stop the bleeding, so it should be fine. I will iron it tomorrow and then frame it. 

I decided I needed to look for more panels for QOV. I have a panel downstairs that I wanted to keep for myself, as I bought it a long time ago. I found a sale on eBay for 8 of them. 

This is the panel and I think it will be great for QOV. I want to do one for Art, now that I have ordered more. 


I worked on one of the ornaments tonight. I was able to get the top done, but I think I will do something different for the top next time. Funny how the ornaments each have a different design. I can't seem to stick with one design. 

Even my tassels are different. 


I like these but wondering if they will work with the darker blue in the piece. I have darker blue beads and wonder why I didn't use them. I do like the way this came out. I will probably do something different on the next one as well. Guess I'm having too much fun coming up with ideas for the tassels. 

Hopefully tomorrow I will get my butt moving and get these done. I need to box them up and have them ready for gifts. Which will make me very Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...