Friday, December 18, 2020

Candy Baking And Beading

 This morning I headed over to pick mom up at LeDuc's station. Mom was getting her car fixed.....so to speak. I arrived and they were chatting about the car. Mom's tires were making noise, so they took her for a drive in the car - not one sound came out of it. Patrick said that happens when the car hasn't been driven in awhile or doesn't go out much. I followed her home with her car. When we got there Nancy was there. I told mom about what Patrick said and she thought I was crazy. Nancy even said the sound was bad. I asked if she drove in a puddle and she did. So, I'm thinking the dust got cleaned out by the water. 

Carman showed up shortly after we arrived. Mom's getting back to normal when it comes to letting people come over. I guess she even invited Hildi to come. I told her that if she keeps inviting others to come, then the "mother, daughter" day won't be happening. She said she was sorry but they were needing to visit with others. I figure if she starts asking too many more, then I'll just stay home. I really don't want to get Covid, and it's still not safe around here. We had 82 cases yesterday with 2 deaths. I'm not wanting to get it. Amazing how people around here don't seem to care one way or the other. Mom said she's being careful, but at this rate, I'm thinking she's letting up a little. 

We got going on making 2 batches of fudge and 2 batches of peanut brittle. I kinda burnt the first batch of brittle. I put way to many peanuts in the batch. I was trying to get help, and when I was cooking that batch it was hard to stir and keep the thermometer in it. All three were chatting, so that didn't help. But at least I didn't completely burn it. Mom and Carman did help me with the fudge. They had everything I needed ready, and they helped with the brittle when it came time to pour it in the pan. I was thinking of doing another batch, but Patrick said we have enough. Plus I really shouldn't be eating this stuff. The sugar is what I need to stay away from. My stomach gets "full" when I do. 

Came home and played a few games before going to bead. 


Two more rows done. My next row is 200. I have 580 rows in this piece, so I'm not even half way yet. But it's coming along. I'm watching the bird come to life. I noticed with this photo that the white snowman is starting to show his face. It's going to be fun to see how that turns out. 

Tomorrow I will bake my sourdough bread. I had it rise over night, but forgot to shape it for tonight. So, I shaped it and it's going to raise overnight again. That will probably bring out the sourdough in the bread more too. I can cut this one up and freeze it for my sandwiches. Since I can't have white bread. Sourdough I can have. 

Then it's off to our bowling partners place. They asked us over to play games and have pizza. She works from home, so not worried about that. He's a delivery guy and he said he wears the mask and doesn't have any contact with the people very often. So, I hope he's safe too. If need be, I will wear mine. 

Oh, mom asked if we could do Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day. She wants to go down to Portland to be with my brother, his wife, my niece, her husband, and my sister-in-law's sister for Christmas Day. My brother told her to bring a bag to stay awhile. We were not invited. lol  Anyway, I think when mom gets back, I'm going to make sure she quarantines herself.  My niece and her husband share a house with another couple. It's a 5 bedroom place. Not sure if the friends will be there for Christmas, but that's too many at a time. Should be interesting. Betting my SIL's sister will tell mom she wants to leave Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day. Should be interesting to see. We will do BLT's on Christmas Eve since Patrick is going golfing. Not going to do the Christmas Dinner with him being gone all day. So, again, we will be alone for Christmas Day. Getting used to it. 

At least with all the stuff I did today, I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...