Wednesday, December 9, 2020

What A Day!

 Patrick left for golfing - and it poured shortly after he left. Guess that didn't stop them. 

I hung around the house till about 11:30 am. I needed to pick Dan up for his surgery. I decided to sit for a little bit but Sophie wanted her TLC which took a good 10 mins if not more! I don't know what her problem was. When she finally settled down, I went to the table an worked on my 4th panel of beading. 


I was able to get a few rows in before I had to head out. I was happy to get this far. Then I went to Starbucks for some iced chai tea. Once that was collected, I headed to Dan's. Arriving early. Got there about 12:05 pm. We headed to Centralia, and I took him to say hi to mom. They talked a good 10 feet apart, with him in the car, and her at the driveway. Then I took him to the hospital. Dropped him off at the Emergency entrance because that's the only way to get in the hospital. 

Went back to moms. She wanted to know how long it would be, so told her about 2 hours. She then asked if I would go with her to take some of her stuff to Goodwill. Told her we could go, and we did. Dropped off a load at Goodwill. Then we went out to Bill and Bea's for lunch. Waited in line at the drive thru. Brought it back to her place and had lunch. Then we watched a movie. While we watched the movie, I split my time with working on gift wrapping and working on Cherry's embroidery. 


I was able to get the colonial knots done on the two areas on the bottom left. It's "strays" I think, but not sure what it's really called. I was able to get closer to finishing it. I have 3 more areas to finish up, then I can wash and frame it. I'm actually getting excited about finishing it. 

About that time Dan texted to say he was still waiting to get in, and there was one more person in front of him. Poor guy got stuck for 2 1/2 hours of waiting to go in for foot surgery. 

Nancy came and we had supper. We laughed about all kinds of things. We talked about what we would be doing on Friday. We are going to make KrumKaka's. It's Norwegian and a tradition in our family. Dad loved making them. I will try not to think about him not there. 

It was 6:00 pm when Dan texted to say he was out and they would be calling me. They didn't call till about 6:50 pm. I went over at 7:00 pm to wait for him outside. Then I took him home. Finally getting home about 8:10 pm. I brought in the Christmas gifts I wrapped for Patrick. Then I chatted with Patrick to see how his golfing went and got him caught up on the day. At least I was able to let him know I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...