Thursday, December 24, 2020

Happy Christmas Eve!

 Today started out like always. Patrick was going golfing but had to wait till about 10:30 before he left. Mom was due to come over, and around 10:30 I was beginning to wonder if she was coming. She called to say she was running behind. Asked me about the stuff she had and what she was bringing. We did the check list and then she would be leaving soon. 

I went downstairs to get things off the counter and then start working on some of the scrap fabrics that I have for QOV. 

Mom arrived around 11:45 and we made lunch first. She seemed to want to play games instead of doing much. She's a slow eater, so it took awhile before we went downstairs. 

When we finally made it downstairs, I pulled out all the blocks that Georgie made. Then I worked on the board to see if they would work with the panel I had. We talked about what we thought would work and what wouldn't. So, when we came up with an idea, we got started. 

I cut the boarder for the panel. Then mom sewed it up. She sewed the three blocks together - both top and bottom. Then we sewed them on the panel. By this time I knew mom wasn't in the mood so decided I would call it quits.

We came upstairs and watched a Disney movie. It was "GodmotherD" which is funny and a good movie. Mom enjoyed it. About the end of the movie, Patrick came home. We got the bacon going and then had BLT's with Root Beer Floats. After supper we pulled out the gifts.

Mom loved her gift. She was in tears when she opened it. Not sure why, but I was touched by it. Mom gave me some baking stuff. I was thrilled! Then mom fell asleep on the couch. Once she woke up she decided to go home. I worked on getting my cinnamon buns ready for tomorrow. 

After mom left, we opened our gifts. I was thrilled with all my gifts. It was a lot more then I've gotten in a long time. Patrick even bought me the tool that I can run slides, film, and negatives through. That was what I've wanted for a long time. I have tons of negatives from my grandparents. I will go through them one of these days. 

Now, it's time to call it good. I'm glad it turned out so well. I was thrilled to be able to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...