Monday, December 28, 2020

It Turned Out To Be A Good Day

 Today I was up early - again. I did sleep better last night, so I'm happy. I started out playing games. Then I got moving on the laundry. 

I went downstairs to cut some batting and backing for Debbie's quilt. While I was at that, I called and ordered some ore backing and batting for our group. That was about 5 different phone calls back and forth to get what we needed. I washed the backing for both Debbie and my quilt top. We will take them to Bill tomorrow. Once they were washed, I ironed them.

So, while laundry was going, I was beading. 

I was able to get a lot done. I'm now at 212/580 rows done. There is another bird coming up on the left. Snowman's face is starting to show. He's coming along nicely. I enjoyed working on this as well as listening to another book. I was able to finish one book and start another. 

We received a nice gift from Patrick's sister. It's a big "board" of the Wiltzius family - meaning photos of all of us. Patrick took down my dad's photo and put it there. Dad got moved to the middle of the family photos in the hall. I'll find another place to put him later. 

I started going through my kitchen appliances and put a few away, got rid of a couple, and then put the new ones in the cabinet we cleaned out for them. I'm starting to get better appliances to replace the old stuff. OR even the stuff I haven't been using. 

We've been talking about down sizing and we may even think about moving. Patrick was showing me Sun City, AZ. I'm not crazy about that, but the older I get, I may decide to move. Now would be the time to do that. The houses down there look awesome. Cheaper as well. There are a lot of places we could go. More things to do then they have here. I said we need to go check it out. Who knows, we may make a trip to AZ to check them out. 

Today was a good day actually. I got a lot done. I'm thrilled to be able to keep busy. The more I get on the Snowman, the happier I get. I need to finish a couple more quilts, which I'm starting to get the "squirrel" itch again. We'll see. At least I'm still Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...