Thursday, December 17, 2020

More Baking....More Beading

 This morning I didn't feel like getting up - I just couldn't get up. Patrick left for golfing and before he left he told me Debbie dropped off the panels I bought. 

When I finally got up, I was thinking about what needed to be done. I got laundry going. Then I played a few games. Not much. Once I got my "head cleared," I decided to enjoy some of my time beading. I was able to get 2 1/2 rows done by the time Patrick got home. 

I was happy to be able to get a few more rows done. I'm now at 198/580 done. Not a lot, but they are coming along. 

When Patrick got home, I had him help me with the Gingerbread cookies. I rolled and cut them, while he put the M&M's on the trees. 


They turned out really good. I hadn't done any gingerbread before, so I wasn't sure how they will taste, let alone turn out. I think they were good. I like that they aren't as sugary as could be. 

My day was busy once I got started. Tomorrow will be another day. I have to go pick mom up at the shop, then take her home so we can do peanut brittle and fudge. Then I'm going to be done with cookies and desserts. I will drop some off to Cherry tomorrow or Saturday and then call it done. 

I do like days like this but wish at times my kids where here to enjoy it with me as well. Oh, well, at least it was a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting - Happy Baking!


2 comments:

Driven Quilter said...

I think I lost interest in baking and candy making since my kids aren't here to enjoy. I read your blog daily and enjoy all your activities. Enjoy your Holidays.

6th Generation Quiilter, Crafter said...

Thank you. I tend to get boring at times. lol - I still love baking cookies for Christmas. It used to be my favorite holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks for the wonderful comments.

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...