Sunday, December 27, 2020

Another Top Finished

I couldn't sleep last night - again. So, at 7 am I finally got up. I had an idea of taking a quilt up to Bill. That quilt would be our quilt and we'd pay him for it. He wanted more quilts to quilt. So, I pulled out 3 quilt tops out and showed Patrick. One was 104" big. I didn't have backing or batting that would fit it. So, that was passed up. I did pull out the Christmas quilt that I had basted for hand quilting. I will see if he can do that one. Then I won't have to worry about hand quilting it. I have a white-on-white quilt that is basted and ready to quilt. I may pull that out and work on it later. Right now I will try and work on my beading - and try to finish the cross stitching. So, you can see - another squirrel ran across my path! 

I went downstairs to finish up the quilt for QOV. Bill is wanting quilts, so I will have this ready for him then. I washed the backing, and will iron it tomorrow. 


I thought I was done with this part, but it wasn't long enough. So, I added more. 


I added the red on the top and bottom. It helped on the length and I like the way it turned. Patrick helped me to decide what to do. I was limited to the blocks there. Georgie isn't making enough blocks the same so I do with what I can with what I have. 

Then I came up stairs to try out my new "toy" that I can put my negatives into a picture on the computer. So, I went looking for my old negatives. I found a few, but they aren't really the old ones I was looking for. I did find a couple pictures that I forgot I had. They aren't in the best of shape, but they are a reminder of what I did a good 30 years ago. 


This was part of a round robin. I made the last border - the small hearts and the flowers. This was when round robins were a big thing. We wrote letters, send packages, and worked on each others quilts. This round robin was more from Canada then the US. I wrote to Ms. Peacock in Canada and I joined her group. 


This was also part of that round robin. I did the last border. I can't remember the music I put on there, but then again, I can't read music. I hope I put them in the right places. I wanted to see the rest of this one, but can't remember if I ever did or not. 


This is a bad photo. Again, this is another one. I'm not sure who's these are, as I didn't keep their names. Mine is the one that is shown on here off and on. It's the one that needs to be finished - hand quilting. I will probably try to finish it so I can get moving on the next quilt - white on white. 

I didn't get any beading done. But I'm okay with that. I can manage, when I get other things done. At least I can say I finished another quilt top. That's what I call Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...