Saturday, September 25, 2021

A Day Of Baking

 This morning both Patrick and I slept in. It felt good. 

We played a few games and then Patrick went outside. I decided to work on my sourdough bread. I actually did 2 of them today. One isn't doing as well as it should, but I will bake it here shortly. 

I wanted to try something different today. I do like the way my bread came out today. 


I also baked a pear upside down cake. Patrick and I took a walk to the corner store and picked up a yellow cake mix so I could make it. He said it turned out pretty good. I didn't have any because it was past 6 pm. I try not to eat past 6 pm. So, when 7 pm starts, I won't eat. Anyway - My bread is my pride. 

It came out better than I thought it would. Nice and fluffy. Not a lot of air, but I like it that way. Even though I did what they told me to do. I do like the technique I was looking at. 

I also tried to make another BBQ sauce. I peeled all the tomatoes and cooked it most of the afternoon. Then as I was thinking it would work - I burned it. Plus it still had that bitter taste, so I think the tomatoes were bad. I'm not sure how. I peeled and I made sure I didn't put the cores in. I thought that would help. Guess not. Hopefully next year we will have better tomatoes. 

Now I'm playing games again - just need to relax. Plus with Patrick watching his shows, I would rather play a game then listen to repeated shows. I think I've seen this one about 10 times now. Not something I care to see again - unfortunately. 

As much as I would love to say "I was," I can't say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...